As his birthday approached, I found myself becoming way more emotional than I ever expected I would be. I had all kinds of stuff going through my head. Since I had a scheduled c-section when he was born, I very clearly remembered the days and hours leading up to his birth. I said to Josh "one year ago right now we were..." so many times over the week of his birthday. So here is a picture of Jaxon eating his last dinner before he turned one and his last bath before he turned one. I told you, I was emotional...

Jaxon's birthday was on Wednesday so we didn't do much. Grandma came over for dinner and a few gifts. Josh gave Jaxon a bath for the first time which I'm proud to say went very well. He washed his hair and everything. It was a pretty low key evening thankfully because come Saturday, our house was pure craziness.
For Jaxon's party, we had 60 (yes, count them 6-0) of our closest family and friends over for BBQ & cake. This little boy is so loved that we now may have to move to a bigger house just to store all of his new things. Let me just say that no one child (especially a one year old) needs 5 ride-on truck/tractor/backhoe/digger toys. So, at least one of those ride-ons are going to Grandma's house and the others will have to wait for another occasion to come out of the box. All I can say is 'holy cow'. It was a lot of fun and Jaxon will enjoy playing with all of his new toys over the next several months. We need no toys for Christmas, please.
By the end of the day, Jaxon was worn out. As a matter of fact so was I. I was so glad that day was over but at the same time couldn't believe that we had just celebrated my baby's 1st birthday. He's growing up way to fast. It makes me realize that we cannot take one minute forgranted because it's gone in an instant. This has been, without question, the happiest year of my life so far ~ thanks to the best little man a mom could ask for. I love you baby!!
Thank you to all of our friends and family who helped us celebrate!!


