Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thanksgiving

So, better late than never I suppose. We spent Thanksgiving day at my mom's house with our ever growing family. All of Ken's kids were there, along with us, Lindsey & her boyfriend Matt, of course Grandpa and Anne & Sydney (Josh's sister and niece) joined us for a little while too. They were moving that day and through the weekend so they only stayed for just a little bit. It was nice company...

Jaxon loved it. Last Thanksgiving was the day we brought him home from the hospital so he didn't really get to enjoy much of it; he was still getting used to this big world. This year, he ate and ate. He loved everything from the turkey and potatoes to the yams and of course the pie. I did think ahead though and strip him down so we wouldn't stain his cute outfit. And he went straight into the bathtub when he was done.

To top the night off, Lindsey and I went to see Twilight. (I loved it!! Now I can't wait until the next one). That wasn't even the most exciting part. While backing out of my mom's driveway, I hit Josh's truck. I swear there was more room than that!! Anyhow, we were running late for the movie and since I knew it was my husband's truck, I didn't stop ~ I figured I'd just call him and let him know what had happened. But of course, there were neighbor kids playing out in the street yelling and hollering which made me second guess the fact that I had hit our own truck. So I told Lindsey, jump out and just make sure that it was Josh's truck. As she jumped out, she yelled at the kids "it's okay, it's her husbands truck!!" At that time, Josh & Matt come walking out of my mom's house having no clue what had just taken place. Lindsey yells at them that we hit the truck and that 'Brandy will call in a minute'. So when I did call, he answered his phone by saying "How'd you manage that one?" I still have not a clue how I did manage that, except in my own defense there was barely a dent in his bumper so my depth perception was only a tiny bit off that night. And I was excited to see the movie and didn't want to miss one minute of it.

All in all, it was a good Thanksgiving and we have so much to be thankful for.

Now here we are a week away from Christmas with snow on the ground...better get to baking!!