Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm back!!

I think my last post was somewhere around April or May. It's been way too long. Anyhow, much has changed but much has stayed the same. I am still staying at home with Jaxon. I've begun the Masters in Teaching program through Heritage University. We have one weekend left in our first semester and then we have four more semesters to go. Student teaching will be the Spring semester of 2011. That means I could potentially have my own classroom when school starts for the 2012-2013 school year. (Hint-hint to my mom who needs to seriously consider retirement at that time so I have a someone to watch Jaxon for me!!)

Josh started working at Hanford. After years of being in the farming industry, he decided it was time for a change and got hired on at CH2MHill as a Nuclear Chemical Operator. He is still in training so as of now, he doesn't exactly know what all his job entails but enjoys what he's doing so far.


We are one day away from our baby turning 2 years old. These two years have absolutely flown by and Jaxon has made them the best two years of our lives. He is such a happy boy all the time and he is always giving hugs and kisses. We had a friend of our take his 2 year pictures and she did a fabulous job. Here is one that she got when he was laughing. I'm not sure what was so funny but whenever he sees this picture he says "night night". He thinks that he's going night night because his eyes are closed. He's so silly.

We celebrated his birthday last weekend and had our family and some friends over for his party. It was a great time and Jaxon had a blast. He played and played and played. Luckily it was a nice enough day outside that we could be outside! He crashed hard that night and slept very good.

We also have added an outdoor kitchen to our backyard patio. We are very excited about it and it has come in very handy for our last two parties; Jaxon's birthday and a Halloween party. It has a built in Traeger BBQ, two sinks, a propane stove top and a bar that seats 10 + people, along with tons of counter space. It isn't quite complete yet, we still need to grout, get the electical put in, and stone the outside but it is useable and we love it!!

Thanksgiving is next week and we will be hosting at our house with Josh's family. It will be nice to have everyone here and especially good to see his sister Heather who will be home from Montana. She doesn't come home nearly enough and she will die when she sees how much Jaxon has grown since she saw him last.

I will say again, like I do everytime I update our blog, that I will be better about doing this. It's not that I'm so busy, I just seem to find other things to occupy my time. So for now I'll just say that I will try...