So, I had a 'here's your sign' moment yesterday and now I'm feeling a bit guilty about it. I thought maybe if I tell my story I'll feel a little better.
Many of you probably know that Jaxon's hair is very curly and the more it grows, the curlier it gets. It is very cute. Anyhow, yesterday I met my sister for lunch at Subs N Jean in the Parkway in Richland and if you haven't been there before it is a place that you order at the counter and then they bring the food to your table. Lindsey was holding Jaxon while we were standing in line to order and a man in front of us in line kept turning around and looking at Jaxon (obviously admiring how cute he is). Finally he looked at me and asked "Is his hair always that curly?" I responded to him by saying "no, I did that special for today." He did not say anything and turned around and I couldn't help but think to myself that was the dumbest question I've ever heard. My sister's eyes got big at me and I just shrugged and said something along the lines of it was a stupid question. As time passed I didn't think anything more of it until this morning when I remembered that dumb question and told my mom the story. Her response to me was he was just trying to be nice and I said that I knew that but it was a dumb question. Then she called me a "little snot" but she did agree with me that it was a dumb question. So now, here I am, feeling like a little snot and really wishing that sometimes I would just keep my mouth shut or at least not say the exact thing that is on my mind.
So if any of you are somewhere and hear a man talking about some snotty mom at Subs N Jean, please let him know that I am sorry and that yes Jaxon's hair is always that curly. Please and thank you.
10 years ago


